Memphis Athletic Ministries
Coach Across America
CMI Coach–Mentor Position
Coach Across America
CMI Coach–Mentor Position Description
• Give general oversight to all aspects of our youth outreach including recreation/sports programs, small groups, outreach opportunities, field trips, and volunteers.
• To grow your designated age group in reach and in depth as a youth coach.
• The primary role is to challenge and mentor the students who are part of your team.
• Represent MAM to the greater area Memphis.
• Provide progressive opportunities for team members so that they develop a concern for others.
• Need to reflect strong character values in their lives
• Need to be pursuing a lifestyle of reaching out across racial lines
• Need to be able to strike the balance between challenging students’ growth and expectations while enjoying the fun season of life that they are in
• Need to be able to see the inherent value of each student showing no partiality.
• Need to be able to engage and help students and parents in a way that would never arouse suspicion about the moral integrity of yourself or MAM.
• Be able to organize and implement effective small group activities in order to engage and challenge students to a passionate commitment to loving others.
• An interest to use sports as a connecting point with kids (playing and coaching).
• Be able to vary the methods necessary, to meet the needs of MAM.
• Be able to develop a relationship with the parents of our students in such a way that not only do they feel informed and included in the MAM program, but challenged to see MAM as a support for parents to educate their children and prepare them for life.
• Be able to work with others and through others by recruiting, equipping and encouraging.
• Report to a MAM Neighborhood Director for encouragement and accountability to your goals and job description
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Attend additional MAM staff development meetings as required
• Serve 900 hours over 12 months (March/April 2013-March/April 2014). Exact daily/weekly schedule will be determined by the MAM site director.
• Record all hours on an online time sheet Coach Across America/Up2Us system on a weekly basis.
• Be paid $8.25/hour with the total amount not to exceed $7,425.00.
• Be put on Coach Across America/Up2Us payroll, paid twice monthly, and have all relevant taxes taken out of each check.
• Receive a $2,000.00 Education Award upon successful completion of the CMI program.