Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region (PPGMR)
BI-LINGUAL HEALTH EDUCATOR
Reports to: Vice President of Education
Job Classification: Full Time, Salaried
Summary Description: Develops, coordinates, and facilitates HIV testing and educational programming that is both culturally-appropriate and age-appropriate for Hispanic teens and adults in the Mid-South; Cultivates and maintains productive relationships with other agencies and youth-service organizations serving the Hispanic community and creates opportunities to provide education and HIV testing.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides HIV testing, counseling, and RESPECT counseling to PPGMR’s Hispanic Outreach and Health Center clients.
2. Runs a network of HIV testing community locations, including locations that require weekly after-hours testing.
3. Cultivates and maintains relationships with agencies and service providers in the community with a particular focus on creating opportunities to provide outreach education and HIV testing to Spanish-speaking clients.
4. Supports staff in creating educational materials and experiences linguistically and culturally appropriate for Spanish-speaking clients
5. Attends training programs, seminars, conferences, and other meetings relating to the delivery of HIV related services
6. Maintains accurate records of HIV testing, client care and referral, education, and outreach activities.
7. Perform other duties as directed
Education: Bachelor’s degree in health, education, counseling or related area preferred, fluency in Spanish required.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in health promotion with Spanish-speaking clients strongly preferred; sexual and/or reproductive health experience preferred Skills: Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with youth, parents, community leaders, facilitation, organization, program development, and marketing skills.
Additional Requirements: Demonstrates in cover letter ability to conduct HIV testing and education in Spanish and English
Special Requirements: Committed to Planned Parenthood’s goals and ideals. Knowledge of family planning and sexual health, HIV/AIDS strongly preferred; accepts a flexible work schedule that includes regular night hours; must have an automobile with current driver’s license and insurance; physically able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to Elokin CaPece at email@example.com .