Job Announcement – Graphic Designer
MIFA’s mission: Supporting the independence of vulnerable seniors and families in crisis through high-impact programs. Our vision: Uniting the community through service. Our values are to welcome and respect all people, act with integrity, value individual initiative and ability, serve individuals and the community as an act of faith, and balance humanitarian goals with sound business practices.
Full-time, $20.00 to $22.60/hour
Posting date: June 16, 2014
Closing date: July 3, 2014
The graphic designer designs a wide variety of visual presentations and serves as steward of MIFA’s graphic identity, creating and maintaining a strong, dynamic, and unified graphic communication. This service is completed in collaboration with staff on an assortment of projects from conception to production while ensuring a consistent visual brand.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two years of graphic design job related experience required preferably in an organization environment
- Strong design skills using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop required
- Knowledge of printing and emerging technologies in new media
- Knowledge of video and photographic technology and equipment
- Ability to clearly present ideas and concepts
- Ability to proofread and edit copy
- Copy writing experience preferred
- Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel proficiency required
- Ability to work with a diverse base of internal and external constituents
- Ability to work in a fast paced office and manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Social media and website development familiarity
Major Responsibility and Related Activities
Create graphic concepts, designs, and layouts within established budgets and timeframes for an array of campaign materials, reports, direct mail, and website.
Manage vendor relationships.
Manage and provide photographic and video activities.
Mail resume and cover letter to MIFA Human Resources, P. O. Box 3130, Memphis, TN 38173-0130 or email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.