Building and Grounds Operations Manager Job Opening @ the Agricenter International
7777 Walnut Grove Road
Memphis, TN 38120
Building and Grounds Operation Manager Job Description
Position Summary: The Building and Grounds Operation Manager is responsible to Agricenter International’s President, Board of Directors and the Shelby County Agricenter Commission. The Building and Grounds Operations Manager will be a proactive, hands-on manager, responsible for day to day maintenance of the Agricenter main facility, as well as the upkeep of the outlying property surrounding the facility and roadways. These jobs are to be performed with the cooperation of the janitorial, landscaping and support staff, as well as with the cooperation of the farm management.
Reports to: President of Agricenter
Salary Range: Will depend on experience
Education: Minimum 4 years college or trade school equivalent or military service trained in operation management. (Can be waived based on experience)
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in Building and Grounds Operations
Preferred Skills: Electrical, plumbing, general construction, employee management
1. Managing the janitorial, setup and security staff on a daily basis
2. Ordering janitorial and repair supplies
3. Providing assistance and support to the set up, duration and the tear down of special events at Agricenter International.
a. Addressing the electrical needs of special events
b. Scheduling staff to work special events
c. Ensuring the building, including walls, restrooms, floors, etc., and surrounding areas are clean and well-maintained.
4. Ensuring maintenance and repairs to the Agricenter exhibition facility, tenant offices, the Farmer’s Market and equipment are scheduled and completed in a timely and professional matter.
5. Scheduling and leading quarterly safety/fire procedure meetings with tenants, and communicating these procedures to show coordinators.
6. Managing the building and grounds staff, and following up to ensure assigned jobs are performed in a proper manner.
7. Scheduling inmates and corresponding with the AOC.
8. Communicating professionally with other members of management on areas of concern.
9. Keeping accurate records and completing necessary reports.
10. Working varied hours, some nights and weekends included, based on scheduled events.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This jobs description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform other job related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Deliver resumes to Agricenter International, 7777 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN 38120 or
email resumes to Jessica Watts firstname.lastname@example.org