Send resume to kwoods@nhmemphis if you think you qualify for this…
The Utility Analyst works under the Director of Corporate Services. The position supports community leaders in nearly all aspects of utility management, reimbursement/billing programs, and vacant recovery programs. The position will internally promote utility programs and monitor the performance of utility expenses, reimbursement and billing programs for all properties. It will be this positions responsibility to produce and calculate all resident utility bills on a monthly basis and distribute reports to all involved. They will work with community management to ensure accuracy in loading data into our on-site operating system and monitoring/tracking of the collection of funds onsite.
Duties and Responsibilities*:
· Provides support, customer service, data entry and evaluation for all utility programs.
· Creates reports daily, weekly, and monthly for utility programs to help produce optimum results.
· Contacts community management regularly to verify information to ensure its accuracy in reports and to properly support each of the programs and their success.
· Analyzes issues on a daily and weekly basis to gauge their status and determine where corrections are needed; discovers opportunities within the utility programs that may require further evaluation to improve performance.
· Provides advice to supervisors and managers to resolve utility problems.
· Evaluates and may suggest changes in AP and billing processes for utilities.
· Monitors and reports on utility rates and usage trends per each utility type.
· Performs calculation, trend analysis, and quality control on monthly utility bill for each resident
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Comprehensive knowledge of financial modeling and reporting
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong analytical (trend analyses) abilities to pinpoint problems and deficiencies
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access with knowledge in Hyperion, and other financial reporting software
· Knowledge of the administration of relational databases
· Knowledge of Visual Basic and Object-Oriented programming
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, Real Estate, or Marketing and three years of experience in financial modeling (ROI, IRR, payback, cash flow). Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to include:
· Table structures
· Data types
· Link tables / MS Access in a network environment
· Make-table / append-table queries
Preferred (but not required) Qualifications:
A working knowledge of Essbase and Hyperion Retrieve.