Finance Assistant – Job Description
The Finance Assistant plays an important role by providing support to the Finance Department. The Assistant will be responsible for keeping accurate and detailed records of cash disbursements, cash receipts, and contributions for the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis. The Assistant will also assist the Finance Director with special events, preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budget and annual audit.
- Provides office support to Finance Director as needed such as filing, sorting, and organizing records and preparing records for storage.
- Checks and verifies cost accounting, accounts payable records, accounts receivables, property accounting, inventory control, prepares invoices and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with maintaining and processing of all payroll information, personnel records and all benefits records.
- Maintains accounting procedures and inventory control for RMH merchandise sales, produces sales reports as needed, files required state and local sales and use tax returns.
- Analyze, reconcile and adjust general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Use Financial Edge and Raisers Edge system to input data, generate reports and conduct specialized research projects.
- Maintains vendor purchase order files and records and prepare 1099’s.
- Assists in maintaining the cash management system including the timely deposit of cash receipts and the timely disbursement of vendor payments.
- Aide in the preparations for the annual audit.
- Reconcile development and accounting donation records to ensure accuracy. Research discrepancies and work with Development Department to make corrections.
- Monthly reconciliations of credit card accounts & multiple monthly bank reconciliations and sales tax returns.
- Attend and assist at various Ronald McDonald House special events.
- The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for helping with month-end close
- All other duties as assigned.
Candidate must be able to work in an office environment that demands high levels of concentration and attention to detail.
Monday through Friday work schedule with flexibility to occasionally adjust hours to work evenings or weekends when needed for special vents (approximately 5 times per year).
- Minimum Education: Associate Degree in accounting
- Years of Experience: 2 –5 years
- Preferred Experience: Experience in non-profit environment, Financial Edge and Raisers Edge experience.
- Skills: Administrative, Excellent communications skills (oral and written), Organizational skills, focused multitasker, Time-management skills, and possess great attention to detail
- Skills: Technical: Financial Edge and Raisers Edge, Knowledgeable in Word, proficient in Excel
Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Working Conditions: Visual concentration on computer screen. Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.