The Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc. is looking for a ministry minded person. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Anyone interested in applying and want to be considered for an interview, please forward your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 pm on Wednesday, February 10, 2016. Please see the job description below.
PLACEMENT & PROGRAM SUPPORT
STATUS: Part-Time \ HOURS: 25 Hours per week
General Purpose of Position:
Provide support to the Director in the daily operations of the site.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the The House’s departmental policies and procedures manual.
- Should exhibit a pleasant demeanor with neighbors, agency representatives and staff when answering the phone, greeting guests and neighbors and when performing other daily tasks.
- Prepare the sites for programs by arranging the available office space to host the programs.
- Aggressively recruit participants for WorkLife, WES and all other programs and events (proved by weekly status updates). Recruiting includes letting neighbors know about the programs that are available at the site.
- Should be able to identify the needs of participants to maximize their optimal potential.
- Create and maintain relationships with participants. Make follow-up calls to participants as needed.
- Should be able to identify needs and direct in right direction.
- Assist with maintaining an environment for learning during programs.
- Maintain accurate/updated office files for program participants.
- Utilize the referral information per the departmental manual to assist with other services that NCC may not offer or have the available sources to accommodate the needs.
- Attend all departmental meetings and program planning sessions.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Associates’ Degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in case management.
- Desire to work in urban ministry preferred.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to work with adults.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Interest in and ability to articulate the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission, and Values.