Director of Program Operations
The Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Director of Program Operations who is highly motivated and organized to build and manage our client services programs. This position will report to the Executive Director and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization.
Job Title: Director of Program Operations
Reports To: Executive Director
Positions Supervised: Navigators, Receptionist, Childcare Worker
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday – Friday
Other as required
Job Summary: Responsible for the organization’s operational success, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. Responsible for the planning, design, development, management, and monitoring of program operations. Duties include managing daily operations, provide crisis intervention, supervise staff and volunteers, oversee implementation of client programs, ensure goals, objectives and outcomes are met.
- Develop, design, implement, manage and oversee comprehensive client programs.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed with clients on site and by telephone.
- Assess mental health status to determine need for referral to or intervention of mental health providers and partners.
- Establish standards, methods, and procedures for service delivery and ensure objectives are met.
- Plan and oversee weekly case staffing with Navigators.
- Ensure the accuracy and legality of case records.
- Supervise, train and evaluate staff, interns and volunteers.
- Train staff and supervise assessments of clients’ needs, danger assessments, safety planning and sets goals with clients.
- Train and supervise staff in crisis intervention theory and methods.
- Implement and oversee staff development and training related to client services and organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide persuasive presentations as part of community education and speaking.
- Act as a liaison with community partners to ensure partner involvement and commitment to the organization and to client services.
- Act as liaison for victim complaints regarding services and the organization.
Program Management and Development
- Identify program goals, objectives and outcomes and ensure that they are met.
- Assist in achieving the overall goals and objectives for the organization.
- Develop and implement processes for evaluating and measuring program outcomes, impact and efficacy.
- Develop annual organizational program budgets as well as budgets for funders. Monitor and ensure that programs operate within approved budgets.
- Prepare periodic program reports as needed or required.
- Assist Executive Director with grant writing and reporting as needed.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and the related civil and legal issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of the confidentiality requirements of federal, state and local laws statue related to domestic violence, child abuse and child sexual abuse and sexual assault.
- Knowledge and understanding of advocacy, support and crisis intervention techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of the racial, ethnic discrimination and cultural impacts of domestic violence on victims and their families.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with being an effective communicator.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external contacts.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field.
- Minimum of five years experience working with victims of domestic violence/family violence. Mission-driven nonprofit experience a plus.
Interested applicants: Send cover letter and resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Application deadline: November 19, 2015