The following positions are currently open at Southern College of Optometry:
POSITION TITLE: Grants & Community Engagement Coordinator
Southern College of Optometry, a leader in optometric education, has an opening for a Grants & Community Engagement Coordinator.
The Coordinator provides support to the Director of Grants & Community Engagement related to grant writing and data management, facilitation and coordination of SCO’s service projects, and development of community partnerships.
- Creates and maintains project management tools for each community engagement project and its funder, including developing comprehensive workflow processes.
- Provides grant research and writing support as assigned by Director of GCE.
- Gathers and manages project data required by grant funders and/or faculty who lead community projects; writes required grant reports as directed.
- Strategizes with Director to meet grants and community engagement program goals and metrics.
- Works with SCO students/employees/volunteers and community partners to coordinate respective roles for community engagement projects.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent direct project management experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years of related nonprofit service work experience or equivalent combination of experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently to collaborate effectively, and maintain flexibility and prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Attention to detail and high level of organization.
- Passion for public service and education.
- Proactive and positive work style.
This position is funded for a period of 1 year. The successful candidate will be employed by SCO pursuant to a 1 year commitment with agreed upon benchmarks that must be met as a condition of continued employment.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com with GCE Coordinator in the subject line. Internal candidates should submit the SCO internal application, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southern College of Optometry is an equal opportunity employer. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!