Job title: Food Service Coordinator – Bartlett
Reports to client assessment supervisor; part-time (17.5 hours/week), starting rate $8.30/hour
Closing date: September 22, 2015
To apply, mail resume and cover letter to MIFA Human Resources, 910 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Facilitate and coordinate the service and delivery of the meals at congregate sites including set-up and clean-up of the facility.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Six months of some combination of food service or customer service experience
- Ability to welcome and respect people of diverse ages, races, with sensitivity to civic and cultural issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Good people skills
- Ability to complete clerical duties on schedule with little or no supervision
- Ability to handle client and donor information confidentially and discreetly
Major Responsibilities & Related Tasks
Coordinate activities required to ensure the distribution and record of meals served at MIFA’s congregate meal sites
- Responsible for proper serving of food to congregate meals participants
- Responsible for food safe temperature guidelines in accordance with health department
- Verifies that food received aligns with the approved menu
- Maintain an accurate roster of clients served
- Enroll new clients at site and forward information to client assessment supervisor for approval
- Maintain accurate monthly and weekly site records
- Notify the client assessment supervisor of any emergencies
Coordinate meal service and clean-up.
- Train and monitor volunteers as needed, while serving meals to clients
- Clean and sanitize work and storage area daily
- Attend staff training workshops
- Participate in training sessions designed to improve job-related skills in food handling, volunteer recruitment, and record maintenance
- Assist in outreach and nutrition education programs as needed
- Other duties assigned to meet goals of the department
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means to transport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing or periodic exposure to high crime environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels of stress during peak periods, and atypical work hours are periodically required.