Job title: Community Communications Officer: Direct Mail & Digital
Reports to Director of Marketing & Communications
Full-time (40 hours per week); exempt; $19.10 to $21.35 per hour
Opening date: June 16, 2015
Closing date: June 30, 2015
To apply, mail resume and cover letter to MIFA Human Resources, 910 Vance Ave., Memphis, TN 38126 or email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Community Communications Officer is responsible for MIFA’s direct mail and digital fundraising operations with special focus on individual donors of less than $1,000. The officer will manage social media communications that support all aspects of the advancement program and create ways to engage the next generation of supporters through social media and special volunteer and event opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Two years’ experience in social media marketing with an understanding of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc
· Two years’ experience coordinating direct mail campaigns preferred
· Two years’ general editorial and narrative skills experience across a variety of channels to create content that compels audiences
· Two years’ experience in web content and analytics systems
· Two years’ experience in research or critically analyzing marketing processes and tasks to meet assigned goals
· Proficiency in operating communication systems (computer, email, telephone, fax, scanner, presentation equipment, etc.), Microsoft Word and Excel
Major Responsibilities & Related Tasks
Responsible for direct mail appeals to drive giving from existing and new individual donors under $1,000 annually and meet annual fundraising goal
1. Work with Director of Marketing and Communications and VP of Advancement to establish annual fundraising goal and direct mail campaign schedule
2. Coordinate compelling, creative, and effective direct mail campaigns by
3. Work with Director of Strategic Advancement Operations to target and leverage strategic mailing lists and measure, analyze, and report returns
4. Ensure copy and graphics for direct mail campaigns meet branding standards and campaign objectives within approved budget
5. Provide insights and recommendations on how best to leverage digital and direct mail communications to maximize revenue and improve the long-term donor experience, including researching and testing new platforms, tools, and tactics
6. Work with other members of the advancement team to identify, recruit, and manage individual volunteers where appropriate to enhance or complete direct mail campaign
7. Create and implement opportunities to enhance direct mail campaigns with social media support strategies
8. Steward assigned donors by thanking them with phone calls and occasional visits as assigned
Manage MIFA’s comprehensive digital strategy including social media, website, and email marketing
1. Write and edit content for social media, website, and email promotion that aligns with marketing and fundraising objectives
2. With Director of Marketing and Communications and VP of Advancement, develop and execute social media strategy to engage the broader community and keep the attention of currently engaged volunteer and donors
3. Support fundraising, volunteer, and special events with social media strategies and implementation
4. Support and protect brand by making sure that positive and consistent messaging is maintained
5. Handle email copy, production, and deployment
6. Keep website content current, relevant, and engaging
7. Measure, analyze, and report metrics related to all digital communications
8. Manage online discussions by reading community comments and responding promptly (within 24 hours)
9. Regularly monitor and track discussion topics for the management team monthly
Assist with design and implementation of innovative ways to engage younger donors
1. Work with members of the advancement team to create innovative strategies to engage donors and volunteers through social media and online interactive opportunities
2. Work with Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator to develop activities of special interest for younger donors; assist in recruiting volunteers for these events
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
· Ability to interface with a diverse base of external constituents, coworkers, volunteers, and others
· Ability to handle client and donor information confidentially and discreetly
· Ability to welcome and respect people of diverse ages and races with sensitivity to civic and cultural issues
· Ability to adapt to changing demands of the advancement department
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means to transport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing or periodic exposure to high crime environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels of stress during peak periods, and atypical work hours are periodically required.
MIFA full-time benefits: MIFA employees may be eligible to participate in the following benefits programs on or before the 90-day trial period: Medical and dental insurance plans, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid time off, employer-sponsored life insurance, paid holidays, and MIFA’s matching 401k plan after a year of service.
MIFA Employment Guidelines
MIFA is an equal opportunity employer.
MIFA is a non-smoking facility.
Employment documents: Application and/or resume; I-9; Form W-4; official transcripts verifying education if education is a requirement of the job.
Employment authorization and identification: Current federal law requires that documents be presented which verify both employment authorization and identification. One or more of the following documents must be presented before employment: Social Security card, state driver’s license/identification, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, other U.S. government document.