Lausanne Collegiate School
Business Manager – Job Description
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field is required along with a minimum 3-5+ years of experience in accounting.
- Strong accounting skills, and knowledge and experience with accounting software.
- Experience working with finance and planning budgets. Previous educational institution financial experience would be preferred but not essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and to work closely with the Headmaster and be equally comfortable communicating with trustees, parents and staff.
- The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable working on strategic matters as well as rolling up their sleeves.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
The Business Manager reports to the Headmaster and liaises to the Finance Committee.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of accounting systems and generally accepted account principles.
- Supervise the work of business office personnel and use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures, to keep an accurate continuous record of the cash and financial position of the school and manage the financial operation of the school so that the institution remains financially stable.
- Prepare and interpret, accurate and timely financial statements, including key business metrics in easily understandable terms, for internal managers, the Finance Committee, board of trustees, and external parties as applicable.
- Provide monthly reports of expenditures for use of each individual budget center within the school
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Manage the annual and capital budgeting processes, in order to facilitate the timely setting of the succeeding year’s tuition at the Board of Trustees meetings early in the calendar year.
- Develop and manage relationships with external sources (e.g. external auditors, bankers and insurers).
- Oversee school purchasing, financial investments, banking activities, payroll and benefits program.
- Manage risk at the school and ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities and maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and cover the liability of the school.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment for use in recommended strategic planning, as to the appropriate amount of short-term and long-term reserves PNA should maintain.
- Create additional analyses and reports as required by management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work at a high pace with competing time demands
- People person
- Sense of humor
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org