The Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc. is looking for a ministry minded person for our Site-Based Services Department. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Anyone interested in applying and want to be considered for an interview, please forward your résumé to email@example.com no later than 12:00p on Thursday, August 18, 2016. Please see the job description below.
SITE BASED SERVICES SUPPORT
Site Based Services Support
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
COMPENSATION: $10.00 per hour
General Purpose of Position:
Provide support in the daily operation of the Site.
- Should exhibit a pleasant demeanor with neighbors, agency representatives, and staff when performing daily tasks.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the Site Based Services’ departmental policies and procedure manual.
- Prepare the sites for programs by arranging the available office space to host the programs.
- Aggressively recruit participants for OSC, WES, After-School and all other events. (proved by weekly status updates) Recruiting includes physically knocking on tenant’s doors and letting them know about the programs that are available at the site. Recruiting also involves routinely receiving demographic information from the Resident Manager for the purpose of calling, visiting, and disseminating information to those specific tenants who match our programs and their needs.
- Should be able to identify the needs of participants to maximize their optimal potential.
- Learn and facilitate online tutoring for After School program.
- Submit attendance reports (daily, weekly).
- Assist with maintaining an environment for learning during programs.
- Work in the Data Department as workload dictates.
- Maintain accurate office files for program participants.
- Attend all departmental meetings and program planning sessions.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Clothing and/or grocery retail experience desired.
- Desire to work in urban ministry preferred.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to work with children and adults.
- Must have written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Interest in and ability to articulate the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission, and Values.